Amazing_Spider_Man_v02_i22_p08_Romita_Jr-Hanna
The issue begins with Eddie Brock/Venom being ambushed in a grave yard and then moves on to Peter hanging out with his friends and mulling over his lack of cash. As they leave the apartment they are interrupted by a very intense Arthur Stacy, who warns his daughter (Pete's friend Jill) and then his son to go into hiding, but they all think he's paranoid. Though Peter uses the fuss to slip a Spider tracer in his jacket to follow him later as Spider-man and find out what's really going on.This page is the confrontation between Arthur Stacy and Peter Parker
Check out my Comic Art Fans Galleries! © All scans copyright PJ Mungiole 2011 - may not be reproduced, reused, reposted without permission.
I’ve loved JRjr’s work for a long time now.
I wasn’t a big fan of his Iron Man stuff early on - it was good but he certainly hadn’t developed the style he’s known for today.
I would think that happened over his run on Spider Man and I can clearly remember seeking out those issues at the time. I know back then I was still living in one of the boroughs and I have a clear memory of taking one of the Express Buses back up and gleefully making my way through the latest issue of ASM.
Over the years I would follow him which each new book and I know I really enjoyed the Daredevil mini he did as well as the two issue Cable mini both of which don’t seem to garner much attention.
Hell’ I even have all three issues of the Contest of Champions!
So, when the chance came to get a Romita page came I couldn’t pass it up and the bonus of course is that it has Peter Parker on it. I’ve heard since that JR jr pages are harder to come by so I’m glad I got this one when I could.
No comments:
Post a Comment